The EFT Basic Recipe:
1. Choose a specific problem, issue, or event. Notice where you feel it in your body.
2. Rate intensity of the feeling on a scale of 0-10 –- 0 being least intense 10 being the most.
3. Create a Set-Up Statement – Name your problem, issue or event. Create a set-up statement: “Even though I have this problem, I completely accept myself.”
4. Create a reminder phrase to describe your problem — You can use one reminder phrase for the entire sequence, or a variety of phrases which tap into the problem. When beginning, it’s easiest to use one phrase, such as “This anxiety” The reminder phrase can be the same as the problem in the set-up statement.
5. Use Set-Up Phrase on Karate Chop Point — Repeat the set-up statement 3X while tapping on the karate chop point.
6. Use Reminder Phrase while using 2 fingers to tap on each point, 6-7 times:
Side of Eye
Top of head
7. Reassess your original feeling/problem to determine intensity level.
8. Repeat sequence until intensity is at 2 or lower. Vary phrasing of set-up statement and reminder phrase as problem shifts. For example: “This remaining problem.”
Important Disclaimer: EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) is an experimental method used to release stress, unwanted feelings, and limiting beliefs. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any particular individual or condition. If you use EFT and meridian tapping techniques on yourself or others, you are advised to take full responsibility for yourself and the treatment. When tapping by yourself, or in a group setting, work with easier/lighter memories and feelings. Always consult with a professional mental health practitioner when dealing with painful traumatic memories and events.