Quick & Sumptuous on a cold winter’s night.
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
2 small-medium onions, diced
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 can pumpkin or sweet potato
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
3 cups cooked chickpeas, or 2 cans
1-2 cups stock or water
1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic and spices, sauté 1 minute more.
- Add pumpkin and tomatoes. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat, about 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, stock or water and salt. Stir to combine ingredients. Simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.